- Tagging is an important strategy for managing CMKs in AWS KMS
- You can add, change, and delete tags for customer managed CMKs
- Each tag consists of a tag key and a tag value that you define. You can add tags to a CMK when you first create them. Then, add, edit, and delete tags at any time.
- Add a tag to the CMK with TagKey = project and TagValue = kmsworkshop, we execute the below command
aws kms tag-resource --key-id <the key id of the key you want to add tag> --tags TagKey=project,TagValue=kmsworkshop
- To list the tags, we execute the below command
aws kms list-resource-tags --key-id <the key id of the key you want to list tags>